What's the Commotion all about?
Project Commotion is a community space where children, families and educators are invited to learn and grow together through movement, sensory experiences, and play.
We offer programming that incorporates tumbling, music, play, dance, and martial arts as a means of fostering healthy development, self-awareness and self-expression. Class sizes are small to allow our instructors the time and space to connect with every child and every family, and so that we may structure our classes to meet the needs of participants.
A San Francisco-based non-profit organization, Project Commotion welcomes ALL children between the ages of 0 months to 18 years, and their families. We strive in particular to support under-served families of children with special needs, as well as caretakers and educators, by fostering healthy physical, emotional, and cognitive development.
Project Commotion's five branches of programming include:
• PC Movement Classes: group, private and semi-private lessons for children, youth and adults
• Las Luciérnagas Early Childhood Program: Half-day bi-lingual Early Childhood Education program for 2 - 5 year olds
• Above & Beyond School Age Enrichment Program: After School Enrichment and Summer Camps
• Schools on the Move!: Partnerships with schools that bring comprehensive movement programs to children, parents and educators
• Community Move!: Workshops, Trainings and Mentoring for parents, students, educators, and professionals.
To learn more about our work, please read our Mission and Philosophy. Please browse our website for specific information about our programs, and contact us with your questions and feedback.
News & Events
Join us on Saturday, August 15 for "More Movement & Mimosas" Donor and Community Appreciation Party!
Back by popular demand, we are hosting another morning of Movement & Mimosas on August 15th. Our first Movement & Mimosas event was an appreciation event just for our donors, this month we are opening it up to all. Join us and bring a friend! There will be a free 30 minute movement class followed by a brief presentation and lively discussion, all while sipping on your favorite morning beverage. RSVP here!
Community Move! News
We're so excited to be bringing PC's work to early childhood educators in Monterey County again this year! We'll be sharing strategies for supporting the health and development of our children, as we navigate teaching both in-person and virtually this school year.
Online Movement Classes //