What's the Commotion all about?
Project Commotion is a community space where children, families and educators are invited to learn and grow together through movement, sensory experiences, and play.
We offer programming that incorporates tumbling, music, play, dance, and martial arts as a means of fostering healthy development, self-awareness and self-expression. Class sizes are small to allow our instructors the time and space to connect with every child and every family, and so that we may structure our classes to meet the needs of participants.
A San Francisco-based non-profit organization, Project Commotion welcomes ALL children between the ages of 0 months to 18 years, and their families. We strive in particular to support under-served families of children with special needs, as well as caretakers and educators, by fostering healthy physical, emotional, and cognitive development.
Project Commotion's five branches of programming include:
• PC Movement Classes: group, private and semi-private lessons for children, youth and adults
• Las Luciérnagas Early Childhood Program: Half-day bi-lingual Early Childhood Education program for 2 - 5 year olds
• Above & Beyond School Age Enrichment Program: After School Enrichment and Summer Camps
• Schools on the Move!: Partnerships with schools that bring comprehensive movement programs to children, parents and educators
• Community Move!: Workshops, Trainings and Mentoring for parents, students, educators, and professionals.
To learn more about our work, please read our Mission and Philosophy. Please browse our website for specific information about our programs, and contact us with your questions and feedback.
News & Upcoming Events
Project Commotion will be closed for holiday break from Saturday, December 22 - Sunday, January 6. All programs will resume on Monday, January 7.
Click below to learn about 2 new FREE PC programs, made possible by the San Francisco Department of Public Health!
Roly Poly Movement Lab Cohorts for parents/caretakers and their children ages 8 - 42 months.
Community Wellness Workshops for parent/caretakers and with their children ages 3 - 14.
Winter session enrollment is open!
View our Class Schedule.
Las Luciérnagas is accepting applications for our waitlist for the 2018-19 school year.
Visit the website for info!
Space is available in 2018-19 Little Monkeys Arts Enrichment Program for 3 1/2 - 6 year-olds.
Find out more!