What's the Commotion all about?
Project Commotion is a community space where children, families and educators are invited to learn and grow together through movement, sensory experiences, and play.
We offer programming that incorporates tumbling, music, play, dance, and martial arts as a means of fostering healthy development, self-awareness and self-expression. Class sizes are small to allow our instructors the time and space to connect with every child and every family, and so that we may structure our classes to meet the needs of participants.
A San Francisco-based non-profit organization, Project Commotion welcomes ALL children between the ages of 0 months to 18 years, and their families. We strive in particular to support under-served families of children with special needs, as well as caretakers and educators, by fostering healthy physical, emotional, and cognitive development.
Project Commotion's five branches of programming include:
• PC Movement Classes: group, private and semi-private lessons for children, youth and adults
• Las Luciérnagas Early Childhood Program: Half-day bi-lingual Early Childhood Education program for 2 - 5 year olds
• Above & Beyond School Age Enrichment Program: After School Enrichment and Summer Camps
• Schools on the Move!: Partnerships with schools that bring comprehensive movement programs to children, parents and educators
• Community Move!: Workshops, Trainings and Mentoring for parents, students, educators, and professionals.
To learn more about our work, please read our Mission and Philosophy. Please browse our website for specific information about our programs, and contact us with your questions and feedback.
News & Upcoming Events
updated April 15, 2018
Spring Session enrollment is ongoing.
View our Class Schedule here.
Join us for a special Week of the Young Child event:
Território do Brincar Screening, April 18
Searching for a great summer program for your school age student? Check out PC's Camp Commotion!
PC is accepting job applications for Movement Instructors. Read more...
On October 31, PC director Susan Osterhoff sat down with Sterling James on KBLX Cares to talk about PC's work in the community! Listen and share!
Read PC's 2016-17 Newsletter!
View our Class Schedule.
Las Luciérnagas is accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year. Visit the website for info!
Space is available in Little Monkeys Arts Enrichment Program for 3 1/2 - 6 year-olds. Find out more!