MAS! Movement and Academic Support Program
Project Commotion is proud to present MAS: Movement and Academic Support. Youth receive small-group and 1-on-1 attention on their homework to help them reach their highest potential in school. We use a multi-sensory approach to facilitate individualized learning styles.
PC's Movement and Academic Support Program (MAS) is led by PC staff who will provide help with daily homework, and once homework is finished, will offer reading, writing, or other enrichment activities that support each individual child's level and learning style. MAS enrolls a maximum of 8 students with 2 tutors, and students receive individualized help each class.
Students who enroll in MAS are required to enroll in at least one weekly movement class at Project Commotion throughout the semester.
Students may enroll for 1 – 4 days per week. A commitment must be made to the particular day(s) you will attend throughout the semester.
Directors & Staff
After School Enrichment Program is be led by PC trained staff, under the direction of PC Enrichment Program Manager Chloe Gordon-Murer.
MAS is open to youth in grades 1 - 8 of all abilities. Group ratios are limited to ensure that each child receives individual attention during each session and so that activities can be targeted towards children’s specific needs. All new students will be required to attend one session of PC Movement classes prior to enrolling in MAS.
MAS is offered Mondays - Thursdays 4pm – 6pm. Students may enroll in either 1 or 2-hour slots per day.
Movement Class Supplements
Monday students may enroll in 5pm Spiders.
Tuesday students may enroll in 5pm MAS Movement class.
Wednesday students may enroll in 4pm Youth Capoeira 1 or 5pm Youth Capoeira 2* class.
Thursday students may enroll in 5pm MAS Family Class* or 6pm Dragonflies class.
*Parent participation in the 5pm class is highly encouraged!
Students may also enroll in our Friday or Saturday classes.
Spring Semester runs Tuesday, January 3 - Thursday, May 25. Program is closed on SFUSD holidays (see below)
Monday, January 19
Monday, February 20
Spring Break: March 25 - April 1
Spring Semester 2017 Fees
Please contact our office for Fees and payment information.
• $35 annual insurance/registration fee is due of all students.
• Tuition assistance will be available for qualified applicants on a first-come, first served basis. Annual insurance/registration fee is due upon submitting paperwork and registration.
• Fees are based upon number of hours enrolled per week and number of weeks per semester.
• All new students will be required to attend one complete session of PC Movement classes prior to enrolling in MAS programming.
• All new students will be required to fill out PC registration, liability waiver and intake form upon enrollment.
• We accept cash, check, or credit/debit. Checks should be made out to “Project Commotion.”