In Person Camp Commotion: Families may select their payment rate and pay online at the PayPal Button here for weekly tuition:
Project Commotion is proud to present a unique ONLINE summer program that will get kids’ brains and bodies in motion! Our staff of movement and child development experts will present specialized activities that are designed to challenge youth to expand their physical, social, and cognitive skills in tandem, through:
• multi-sensory embodied approaches to learning
• physical, visual and theater arts
• literacy and language enrichment
Weekly sessions will explore 2 broad themes:
Imagination Creations (Week 1 & 3)
We will spend two weeks diving into our imaginations! We will become storytellers and change makers through theatre, music, movement, writing, reading and interactive art activities. Our storytelling will allow us to better understand ourselves as individuals and members of our diverse community. This will be a space for tuning into social-emotional well-being and practicing the language of caring for ourselves and each other. We will use our emotions and our senses together to share stories of our ancestors and ourselves and learn from each other’s life experiences and wisdom.
Our Future, Ourselves (Week 2 & 4)
(Re)imagining ourselves in relationship to community through individual and group goal setting and creation of action-plans. We will have opportunities to focus on our own individual identities as well as the identity of the communities we belong to. We will learn about the Ohlone land we are on and imagine a future from learning of our past. How can we take action to create a just world for all of us? Our senses are connected to the sense we make of the world around us. We will learn about how individuals' brains and bodies are similar and different and how to celebrate and communicate each individuals’ needs. At the end of the week each student will leave camp with a “self/community-care lunchbox” full of tools and activities to help them move through their day with intention and conscientiousness.
6/26 Update: Enrollment is open for weeks of July 20 and 27 (weeks 3 + 4)
9:00 - 10:30am 5 - 14 years old
10:30 - 11:00am Snack/break (off screen)
11:00 - 12:30pm 8 - 14 years old*
*Children 5-7 years old will only participate in the 9-10:30am programming
Camp Commotion is open to youth of all abilities. Our program is designed so that each child receives individual attention during each session and so that activities can be targeted towards children’s specific needs.
This summer’s online camp will be led by coordinators Madhvi Trivedi-Pathak and Carol Acevedo, and assisted by Project Commotion coaches and teen aides. Each session is staffed with at least one bi-lingual (Spanish/English) coach. To learn more about our staff, click here.
5-7 years old (9-10:30): $150
8-14 years old (9-12:30): $300
Sliding-scale payment options and tuition assistance available to families upon request.
• 10% discount will be applied to enrollment of 3 weeks or more.
Logistics / The Nitty Gritty
• $35 annual insurance/registration fee is due of all new students.
• Payment is due upon registration.
• Tuition assistance will be available for qualified applicants. All applicants are required to complete and sign off on tuition assistance contract. A deposit of $50 is required to reserve space while application is being reviewed.
• We accept cash, check, or credit/debit. Checks should be made out to “Project Commotion.”
• Cancellations made at least 1 week in advance will be refunded at 75%; 1 – 6 day advance cancellation 50% refund; no refund with less than 24 hour notice.